Before starting a blog, multiple decisions are carried out by bloggers. Today we are discussing such a decision “Best blogging platforms”. There are several platforms for the bloggers, however, here we will discuss most commonly used best blogging platforms. This article will help you to choose the best blogging platform. So, now we move forward to find an answer to the question “what are the best blogging platforms?”. A list of best blogging platforms is given below;
WordPress.com is a totally FREE best blogging platform, it has no prices.
WordPress.com works for the bloggers very efficiently by storing their contents in their servers without any cost. As you know if we receive a free service then there will also be some limitations. WordPress.com also offers a limited version of their software. However, at the same time, WordPress.com is the best choice and excellent choice for the bloggers who want to start their own blog without investing money to start a blog. Even, WordPress.com is the best option for the bloggers who think that they will upgrade their blog to a self-hosted WordPress blog in the future.
- No set-up costs.
- Easy to use and very simple for the bloggers without knowing about coding and design.
- A massive available theme, from which a blogger can choose a theme for their blog freely.
- Without upgradation, limited functions are available, but enough for new bloggers.
- Seems like unprofessional, but suitable for new bloggers.
- You do not technically own your blog, which means you have little control over advertising revenue. It also means WordPress can suspend your site at any time.
- Your site comes with. WordPress in the domain.
WordPress.org is also a FREE software with approx. $3 for hosting per month.
WordPress.org is a self-hosted WordPress blog that uses the WordPress software on a third-party server. In this scenario, you can install different plugins, edit HTML code. moreover, they also give full control to your website with it by making it look more professional. A self-hosted WordPress blog is usually the best way to go for anyone willing to invest a couple of dollars per month. It’s a better choice for the business owners, professional brand builders, and any blogger looking to expand their site’s functionality and professional appearance.
- User-friendly with full control and customization options.
- Bloggers can approach over 1,500 freely available themes and 20,000 free plugins.
- Search engine friendly options.
- It provides the hosting on a 3rd party server that needs some technical knowledge, however many hosts (like Bluehost) offer quality technical support.
- Due to its popularity, WordPress is vulnerable to security threats.
Blogger is also the best blogging platform for new bloggers that is available without any cost.
As you all know, that Blogger is owned by Google, therefore, you will be able to access all the google assisted tools like AdSense, Google Analytics, etc. However, Blogger is not nearly as flexible as WordPress.org. this best blogging platform is a suitable choice for the keen bloggers and brand builders who want a blog without the investment of money, by displaying ads. Since it is easy to use, it is also a great platform for beginner bloggers just learning the ropes.
- Simple and easy to use and handle
- Completely free.
- Bloggers Can place AdSense ads.
- Bloggers have access to HTML code so that they will be able to customize as per their own choice.
- Fewer themes and storage space than WordPress.com.
- You cannot self-host, so your blog is dependent completely on Blogger’s current offerings.
- Your site will have. BlogSpot in the title.
Tumblr is another best blogging platform for new bloggers that is available without any cost.
Tumblr is easy to use and is a very social platform. This is the perfect place for bloggers who like the idea of “reblogging” posts. Its platform is best for micro-bloggers, so it’s perhaps not the best place to start if you are looking to develop long-form content.
TypePad is a good platform for business professionals or brand builders who don’t mind investing some money every month into their blog. That price can pay in delivering more features and a more professional-looking site. However, most people will still tell business bloggers to choose a self-hosted WordPress platform due to its large community, but TypePad does have its advantages.
WIX has a Price approx. $4.08 plus per month. WIX is another best blogging platform option with huge blogging abilities that can be considered as ideal for business purposes. With its e-commerce functions, WIX makes building your entire e-commerce business website simple, although full control over your online shop is somewhat limited.
Any of the free options are ideal for novice or hobby bloggers who don’t want to invest any money while the paid options are better for business blogs. Choosing the right one comes down to how you want your site to function. Which platform do you think you’ll choose? I hope you enjoyed this blog. Please comment below for your suggestions and feedback. Thanks